Gone hiking …
Not sure when or even if I'll be back …
Anyone who has bumped into this site previously may have noticed that one thing I don't like is outdated information.
My life has gotten unexpectedly and intensely busy lately, and I don't know when things will calm down again. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me much time to enjoy amateur radio or to research and learn new things. Rather than leave a bunch of aging pages sitting around, I'm boxing things up and packing them away.
For a short time, perhaps a month or two, I'll leave available some of the PDFs of pages that previously were on this site, but please understand that I'm not keeping them up to date.
- Playing with Pi-Star
- PDF (last updated Jun 23, 2020): 1-Playing_with_Pi-Star.pdf
- Visual overview of Pi-Star Auto AP
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 2-Pi-Star_Auto_AP.pdf
- Updating hotspot firmware via Pi-Star
- PDF (last updated Apr 2020): 3-Pi-Star_firmware_updates.pdf
- Pi-Star troubleshooting
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 4-Pi-Star_troubleshooting.pdf
- Updating and upgrading Pi-Star
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 5-Pi-Star_updates.pdf
- Pi-Star notes
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 6-Pi-Star_notes.pdf
- Upgrading to Pi-Star V4
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 7-Pi-Star_upgrading_v4.pdf
- Pi-Star cross modes
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 8-Pi‑Star_cross‑modes.pdf
- BrandMeister dynamic, static, and auto-static talkgroups
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 9-static_dynamic_auto-static.pdf
- Hanging out with hotspots
- PDF (last updated Feb 2020): 10-hotspots.pdf
- Diving into D-STAR
- Discovering DRM
Thanks to the many people who emailed over the past few years from states across the U.S. and countries around the world. It was nice connecting with you.
I wonder what's around the next bend …